- Dr. Wright’s office hours are from 7:00 AM until 6:00 PM Monday through Friday. Alternative scheduling may be available upon request.
- Office staff is generally available from 7:30-11:30 AM and 1:30-5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- Children are welcome in the therapy room if they are immobile, i.e. infants in a carrier/car seat/stroller.
- Older children must be able to sit in the waiting area unsupervised. Movies are provided, if desired.
- We understand and respect your need for complete privacy. With that in mind, our office provides separate entrance to, and exit from, your sessions.
Emergency and After Hours Contact
- In the case of a life-threatening emergency, dial 911 prior to attempting to call anyone else.
- In the case of a non-life-threatening emergency (defined as a need to make contact due to a serious emotional situation or crisis), Dr. Wright can be reached by calling her cell phone with discretion. Please do not use the "emergency" cell phone during normal office hours.
- Urgent calls will normally be returned within 24 hours between the hours of 7:00 AM through 7:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- Phone messages are retrieved regularly during normal office hours. Please indicate the time and number where you can be reached and a staff member will return the call as soon as possible, which generally should be within the hour.
- After 6:00 PM Fridays, phone messages are retrieved no later than Monday morning.
- Please use e-mail for non-emergency contacts that cannot wait until the next scheduled meeting. Our e-mail address is: email@example.com
- E-mails are generally checked daily (except weekends).
- When contacting this office to make an appointment, please leave the preferred dates and times desired.
- Appointments are frequently made via voice-mail or e-mail. We will contact you to confirm, provided accurate contact information is supplied.
- Current patients can access Dr. Wright's schedule and make/cancel appointments at TherapyAppointment.com by using your login in and password information.
- Once an appointment has been scheduled, you will be expected to keep the appointment. Our office policy requires that sessions be cancelled at least 24 hours (Monday thru Friday) prior to the scheduled appointment time to avoid being responsible for the charges. If less than 24 hours notice is given, (calls must be made during normal business hours when office staff is available and does NOT include evenings, weekends and/or holidays), you will be charged for the appointment [unless we are able to fill your appointment time with someone on our waiting list, or a patient who calls for an urgent session]. Appointment times are scheduled exclusively for each patient and generally cannot be rescheduled on short notice. This office cannot bill your insurance company for “no-shows” or late cancellations. You alone will be responsible for the full $100.00 fee for any appointments missed for any reason.
- This office makes courtesy calls to patients as a reminder for scheduled appointments, if requested, however these calls are a courtesy only and may not always happen. Automatic reminders can be arranged via our appointment website. It is your sole responsibility to attend scheduled sessions or cancel with at least 24 hours notice. NOTE: Cancellations must be made during normal office hours.